“I don’t think a parent should be allowed to stay home and watch TV all day while the other partner is working”
The person who said this had no idea what they were talking about! Who has time to watch TV? Parenting is a full time job. Treat it with respect.
- find time to encourage your child’s necessary 90 minutes of physical activity a day
- help your child dream and create things
- have a rest yourself during their sleep time if you need it
- keep up your own interests - create a project basket for yourself of things that interest you- so you can easily find something interesting if you get a few
- minutes to yourself
- plan things in “parent-sized bites”(plans that include taking your child’s needs into account).
- make keeping up your home a part of your respected parenting job - try to neaten each room as you leave it - the plan doesn’t always work, but maybe by
- the end of the day you can both relax at the same time